Friday, February 9, 2007

Nice surprise.... Who'da thunk?

Ok, so I admit, I'm kind of a movie nerd. I'm pretty good with movie trivia and quotes. And I'm an actor-goer. By that I mean, actors and actresses can make or break a movie for me. Dumb and Dumber wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable if others had been cast.
Alas, my point... I wasn't too excited about the premise of Smokin Aces but when I saw the line up- that was it for me. I really like all the actors and wanted to actually leave the house and go on a date with my wonderful hubby.... so to Regal we went.
Now, I love action flicks. I'm not really into love stories like most girls... does that mean I have less estrogen than the... ahem... normal woman?
Anyway, semi new on the big screen scene ( that totally rhymed!) is Ryan Reynolds. He has really only done comedies up until now and I wasn't sure what to expect.

How pleasantly surprised I was! Holy Moly Donut Shop- this man's dramatic acting abilities are amazing. He was amongst some classics- Andy Garcia and Ray Liotta. Ok, those guys themselves could've carried the movie. But dear Ryan made it SOOOOOO much better. Yes, that much better. Sometimes when these only-known-for-silly-comedies- guys try to transition to a dramatic role- the totally blow it and look like goons. Cheesy goons at that. Oh yea, Miami Vice- it could not have sucked more- I highly recommend changing a dirty diaper as that could possibly be more interesting and less predictable. Sorry... ADD kickin in.
So Ryan, I'm still impressed. I want to cast him in the movie I fantasize about but will never make. ( Unless you want to loan me a few million.)
I so want to talk about the end here.. but I'd be sad if I ruined the movie for you. I will tell you, the end, the very end- the actual resolution if you can call it that- was the best.

I should probably get back to work now. But one more thing for those who have seen it.... the Tremor brothers- (GROSS!) the one that is the middle sized one and whose part isn't as big as the really disgusting big guy- in real life he is so cute! Check out IMDB.

1 comment:

JK said...

I know what you mean, I am a movie nerd also. I walk around driving Mom nuts quotiong Dr. Evil all day...